The Eagle’s Nest Shelter is a safe and confidential emergency shelter for women and children who have experienced trauma from domestic violence, sexual assault and dating violence.
All services at the shelter are free for clients and include a wide range of support services. This program provides basic housing needs like meals and snacks, clothing, personal hygiene supplies and laundry facilities.
While Women of Nations is a Native American culturally-focused organization, all are welcome at our shelter and to utilize our services.
Outreach and Community Engagement (OCE)
Services that Women of Nations provide beyond emergency shelter include:
- Support services to victims and survivors who are not in need for emergency shelter.
- Education and volunteer opportunities to individuals, communities and students around the Twin Cities.
- Continued assistance to clients who have transitioned out of the Eagle’s Nest Shelter through home visits and advocacy work.
- Violence-prevention programs for Native American organizations and communities.
All support services and programming incorporates trauma-informed care to minimize further trauma to clients. Support services are provided on-site or through referrals. Our main type of support services are:
- Crisis Intervention
- Transportation for medical, judicial and other appointments
- Advocacy and Case Management
- Substance Abuse Disorder Counseling and Support
- Safety Planning and Order for Protection filing
- Support and Educational Groups
- Culturally-specific Support Services
- Youth-specific Programming